After government introduced Aadhar card, enrollment was done offline through local Aadhar card centers. But later, it was found that many Aadhar card had wrong address and postal code.
Therefore, UIDAI started a self service update portal for users to change aadhar card address online. The portal is called SSUP in short form. It can be reached here – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in .
How to change Aadhar card addres through SSUP?
To update address in Aadhar, you will have to login to self service update portal. There, you will get an option for Aadhar address correction.
Follow these steps –
- Go to Aadhar SSUP portal.
- Enter UID or VID number, and Mobile number.
- Generate OTP and login to SSUP.
- Select between updating address and updating address with PIN.
- Enter the new address, landmark, PIN Code and district.
- Upload documents to verify the address.
- Select the Business process outsourcing provider or BPO service provider.
- Submit the aadhar card correction form.
Once submitted, you will find a URN number at the end of the process. That number is called Update Request Number.
You must note down that number. It will later be used to check aadhar update status.
For other information, contact Aadhar card customer care number 1947.